Thursday, June 28, 2012

Crack Me Up

Bonecracker visited! And I didn't pass out from the noise.

I wasn't worried about pain. I was worried about the noise; can you believe that?

I have never been to a chiropractor, as previously mentioned, so I didn't know what to expect. He listened to my story, poked directly at the most hurty spot. And confirmed bursitis. What he said after that made sense:

Bursitis is a reaction to another problem. The inflammation happens (airbags inflate) as protection when muscles, bones, ligaments, tendons aren't working right and gliding as effortlessly as they should. We will try to adjust the parts that aren't gliding properly to allow the airbags to deflate. You will stretch and apply heat and cold and take ibuprofen. You will not run. Or bike. You can swim.

Then some poking and twisting an a crack or two. And another appointment Monday.

That leaves the weekend for Jim to get on digging that hole for a pool.

No comments: