Saturday, December 1, 2012

How Many Horsepower Am I?

Apparently more than three.

You never know what you're going to find in my little town. On my run this morning, there seemed to be an overabundance of pick-up trucks with trailers. And boats.

But I digress.

As I neared mile three of my intended six, I came up on the following grouping on the other side of the road:

  • Two girls
  • Three horses
  • One dog

Each girl was on horseback. The third horse was all tacked up and being ponied off of the lead horse. (Ponied means loosely tied to another horse ... as if to learn how to ride along.) The Australian Shepherd was wearing a hi-viz orange "vest" and just moseying along the side of the road with its posse.

I passed 'em all.

But I bet they'd beat me in quarter-mile sprint by quite a bit.


No comments: