Sunday, December 30, 2012

Simple Chip Dip

We're having some people over today and I needed some munchie stuff to go along with the main-event pizza. The credit for this one goes to my sister. Again. I've adapted it a bit, but the core idea is hers.

She whipped it out at a lovely graduation picnic for a certain Venezuelan friend years ago and I had almost forgotten about it until I was standing in front of my fridge this morning, scanning its contents, hoping for inspiration.

This is easy, fast, yummy and not so horrible for you.  

Jalapeno Dip
1 8 oz. package of reduced fat cream cheese (Neufisoithghagal or however they spell that), at room temperature
1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
2 or 3 big spoonfuls of light sour cream
1t-ish garlic powder

Mix. Eat. Of course you can use full fat or 0 fat cream cheese and sour cream. You can serve it warm in one of those little crock pot things, but I like it at room temp. You can skip the sour cream altogether, but I like it because it loosens up the mixture a little and doesn't break a Jay's chip when you dunk it. Serve with straight up potato chips or pretzels or raw veg, if you like. 

No comments: