Friday, December 7, 2012

The Skinny on Skinny Jeans

I tried to go Christmas shopping tonight.

I was by myself. Had a list. And the intent was to start checking things off with great efficiency and  speed.

I ended up getting MYSELF three sweaters, one shirt and I tried on approximately 832 pair of skinny jeans.

Have to be honest. I'm not sure I "get" the skinny jean.

They're tight. Really tight. And the tight doesn't get better as you go up sizes. The waist gets bigger, but the calves and thighs do not. Which means they make you look sort of like a sausage, no matter how big or little you are, and they are super hard to take off. They end up inside out every time.

Now, for my money, if something is going to fit like leggings or running tights, I want it to be soft. Jeans aren't soft. They're stiff. Crunchy, almost, by comparison.

Once they're on, they look like  you'd expect them to ... super tight jeans.

I'm pretty sure I'm too old to dress this way. So I left them at the store.

Along with my good Christmas shopping list intentions.

No comments: