Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Dream a Little Knee for Me

OK, does this ever happen to you?

You have a dream about something horrible. Nothing is going right, the mailman (excuse me, letter carrier) kicks your dog. The neighbor breaks in and eats all your cookies. Whatever. And you wake up with all that negative energy pulsing through you.

The whole day is ruined before it begins because you can't quite shake that bad mojo.

Or, you're dream that you have to pee. You're stuck in a car on the freeway and there's no exit in site.

Then you wake up and, sho'nuf, you have a very full bladder and need to hit the bathroom.

I've been having a decidedly undelightful combination of these two dream scenarios lately.

First, I dream Jim and I are walking in a mall somewhere ... on vacation. Jim spots a famous person and gets all excited. He wants to chase the famous person down to get an autograph. But I can't run with him because my knees hurt. Jim gets mad because we miss the opportunity because I can't keep up and now he wants to leave the mall. But I can't walk. I have to take a few steps and rest because my damn knees hurt so much.

Then I wake up. My knees really are killing me, and I'm in a really bad mood ... because my knees are killing me. So I toss and turn for what's left of the wee hours before the alarm, making my husband super happy and starting my day off in the most wonderful way.

The ironic thing is they don't hurt when I'm actually running.

I'll take it.


No comments: