Monday, March 3, 2014

Fat Tuesday 2014

Fat Tuesday is tomorrow. One last day of debauchery before Lent. 

I was off by a couple of days. 

I had a Fat Weekend after being relatively well-behaved this past week in Las Vegas. (I paid for it last night and today with a stomach that was rebelling against the crap I stuffed into it. Ugh. Made for a long treadmill run this morning.) 

I have decided what my Lent promise is to myself, however. I like Lent. I like the self-mandated boundaries for a greater good. 

This year, I'm giving up ... 

Excuses. 

I'm going to do my best to not lie to myself about why I eat less than healthy or why I skip a workout. I'm going to hold myself accountable and cut the bullshit I've been feeding my internal dialogue. 

You know, put my big girl panties on and just be honest. 

I actually think it's going to be harder than giving up chocolate or Cherry Coke Zero.

Do you have any Lent plans? 


No comments: