Saturday, April 5, 2014

The One Day C25K Program

Drumroll, please ...

I'M GONNA LIVE!!!!!!!

Dreaded Head Cold did its best to defeat me. Held me down, punched me in the face, put a boot on my neck, kicked me in the kidneys ... but DHC did not win.

OK, that's a bit dramatic. But it really was a doozy. I spent the week not working out, eating very poorly and sleeping a lot. 

A lot. 

So today I was a bit nervous to hit the pavement. Not sure what I could do. After a week of doing absolutely nothing, it's always a little worrisome to see what your body is willing to give. 

Let's just say I didn't set any speed records. 

But with the help of the glorious sunshine, I got about 4 miles in. And it felt really good. 

Literally, Couch to 5K. In a day. 

I am going to tell you this until you believe it: You are stronger than you know you are. Believe you can do it. Because you can.


No comments: