Tuesday, April 1, 2014

This Week's Long Run Hijacked

I could hardly wait for last Sunday.

The weather was predicted to be gorgeous. The warmest and most wonderful day since October or something. 

I was scheduled for a 9-mile run, but hoping to do 10. The wind that has been predicted earlier in the week had been pushed back to Monday and all systems were go. 

And then it happened. 

First a little off kilter on Friday. Then a tickle in the throat Saturday morning. By Saturday afternoon I was tired. Very tired. By Saturday night, my head was full and my eyes were puffy and I knew it was coming. Off to bed early in hopes of beating it with rest.

Sunday morning arrived with a full-blown beat down. 

Just being upright was a struggle. 

I spent the whole day in my PJs on the couch, too wiped out to do anything. I even napped. And this never happens. 

Jim made the weekly grocery store trip. Jim made dinner. Jim washed dishes. Jim brought me a bag of Dove Dark with Caramel and Sea Salt. And Jim even suffered through an entire Real Housewives of Atlanta episode. 

I didn't set a single, solitary footstep outside on the most perfect day of the year, so far. 

It was so disappointing. 

Monday was better. I made it to work,but there was no workout. I sat at my desk all day, didn't stand. This morning I felt better after another 10-hour sleep. Still skipped the workout.

Heading to bed early again tonight. The best I can do is to eat well, drink a lot, rest up.

The weekend is coming. I want to be ready.


P.S. As a bonus to all this fun, got a sneak peek at the video shot of me on Friday at work. Not cute. Maybe, just MAYBE, the person who suggested I looked exhausted last week was right. Truth is I looked like death warmed over. Note to self: I apparently look bad before I feel bad. 

No comments: