Friday, December 17, 2010

Crabby!

As you already may have noticed, it's been a rough week. Fittingly, I ate a lot of crab.

Well, fake crab, really. I like it; so sue me.

I add it to lettuce salads often. One of my go-to combinations includes onions, celery, carrots, sunflower seeds, aforementioned crab and light or fat-free ranch dressing. Perhaps a cherry tomato if I'm feeling frisky.

But one of my favorite ways to eat it is like this:

Better Than Subway Seafood & Crab
Fake crab
Onion, chopped
Celery, chopped
Fat-free or light Ranch dressing
Light cream cheese, heated a little in micro just to make it spreadable

Mix like tuna salad ... same consistency. Eat on toasted whole wheat pita. Or in Boston lettuce leaf wrap. Or on a whole wheat tortilla. You get the idea. Might even be good hot ... like on a toasted whole wheat English muffin under the broiler. Maybe with a dash of hot sauce and some low-fat mozerella or parmesean?

No comments: