Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sign from God?

OK, so I spent ALL morning in church today. Attended an 8:15 a.m. service to hear my cousin's daughter sing in a cantata. Drove to Fort to see the back-to-back performances of the K-second grade and third-fifth grade Christmas programs at my home church.

The music at the first was truly beautiful. The kids at the second two were darling. (I especially loved the handsome third grader wearing the crooked donkey ears.)

The rest of my afternoon was dedicated to working out and making caramel chex mix to give away as a gift. Not necessarily in that order.

I started with the chex mix.

And I ate some cereal. I ate some pistachios. I ate some pretzels. Then I started making the chex mix. And I ate some more as I was melting, mixing, baking.

I was eating too much. Much too much.

And then ...

... I bit my lip.

Hard. Drew blood. It swelled up.

Yes, God. I get it. Stop eating already. Time to work out.

No comments: