Thursday, December 23, 2010

Fighting Through

I really felt like crap last night when I went to bed. I was firmly convinced I'd wake up this morning feeling the same and it would be a great reason to not work out.

Woke up. Just laid there. Hoping, I think, for some major coughing or nausea.

Nothing.

Yeah, my throat still hurts. I'm coughing a tiny bit. My nose is still running a little. My chest feels a little tight. But nothing too serious.

So I put my workout gear on and went downstairs to hop on my treadmill. I walked extra ... five total miles ... because I knew that I was going out for lunch and drinks today. I even added a few punch-while-I-walk moves to pick up my heart rate and did four bench press sets of 12 reps.

I still don't feel great. But I feel great knowing I'm not letting the holidays or a cold get in the way of my goal.

No comments: