Friday, December 10, 2010

More is Less?

I lost three pounds in the past three days. Seems odd. I'm assuming it's not "real" and I'll fluctuate back up one or two tomorrow.

But for right now, it feels good.

The funny part is that I haven't eaten that well in the past few days. I had a Christmas cookie two days in a row. I ate an orange, pickles and some cheese after 8 p.m. I had Subway for lunch one day. I made horrible spaghetti and turkey meatballs for dinner Wednesday night and since it was so bad, I ate plenty of other stuff (including potato chips) to compensate for it.

I didn't eat anything truly awful. I didn't eat a LOT of anything. I just varied the pattern and ate a little more than I normally do.

There are times that I think being diligent day in and day out causes your body to lock into a pattern and not let go of any weight. And when you throw it a curve ball, it sits up and takes notice.

The key, I guess, is not to get too cocky and think eating more or eating late is OK all the time.

But wouldn't it be better if the catalyst of the weight loss was the Christmas cookie?

No comments: