Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Battling

This is supposed to get easier, right?

I mean, I've battled a long way. I thought I was in control. I thought I had this all locked up.

But here's the truth: It's a fight every day.

I'm up a few pounds after the long weekend. And I've been up those few pounds since I finished my half marathon. It's working on my head. Bumming me out. Making me feel like giving up or giving in.

And, perhaps worst of all, giving me those little thoughts of, "Why bother? This is too hard. Would gaining 10 pounds be so bad?"

Yes. Yes, it would be bad.

The good news is I've been at this long enough to know what to do. Step 1: Shake it up ... find a new exercise, a new goal, a new schedule, a new pattern. Step 2: Do most things right all the time ... eat the right stuff, exercise enough. Step 3: Don't let your head beat you ... stop thinking and start moving.

No comments: