Friday, May 11, 2012

Conversation

Her: I know i have probably asked before but where did you get the ambition and will power to exercise every day?

Me: You just have to make up your mind. It sounds kind of stupid, but that's the truth. You have to decide you are worth it and that you want it MORE than you want a candy bar. And after a while, after you put some "work" in, you don't want to wreck it. You don't want to waste all that effort. So it gets easier to keep going.

And you probably can't work out every day. But you can decide to do it today. And then decide again to do it tomorrow.  One day at a time. You CAN do it.

Her: Wish i could just pay for lipo and a tummy tuck ... LOL!

Me: But if you don't learn how to eat differently and move more, it would just be a waste of $ because it would all come back!

Her: True ... why can't we just be gifted skinny?

Me: I'm jealous of those folks with the amazing metabolism that never give eating a second thought. Or the ones like my niece who just don't care at all about food and would forget to eat if you didn't remind them to do it. That's not me! I'm thinking about breakfast before I finish dinner!

Her: I went grocery shopping today and it felt like an all-day event ... looking at every little calorie per thing and sodium and carbs. Ugh! That was exhausting!

Me: I promise it gets easier! And I find grocery shopping FASTER now because I spend very little time in the actual aisles. I just hit the perimeter ... produce, meat, dairy and out.

Her: I find it hard eat some things but am getting better at it.

Me: You go, girl!

No comments: