Thursday, November 15, 2012

Stuffed

Tell me if you do this, too.

In the spring, when the weather starts to warm up, I stop wearing pants.

Well, I don't stop wearing them altogether, but I put away my "winter pants" and break out the lighter-weight fabrics, the capris, the shorts, the skirts and dresses.

As such, there comes a day in fall when the mercury starts to drop, that I have to dig in the back of the closet and pull those babies back out again. Today was that day.

I find myself holding my breath as I slide them on, hoping they still fit. For two years, I've found the breath-holding to be unnecessary.

Today was a different story.

The pair of basic black dress slacks that has fit for two years, the pair that has always made me feel skinny, the pair that has at times been on the verge of too big ... was a tight squeeze.

They were uncomfortably snug in my thighs, hip and rear. Wearable. But not cute.

While my weight isn't vastly different ... 10 pounds from my average low ... it has apparently settled in some familiar and typical places.

What a crappy way to start the day.

But guess what? I'm the only person who can change this. I'm the one who will decide what I put in my mouth and how much I work out. I already know it's a simple math problem ... I have to burn more calories than I take in.

These pants will fit and feel like I remember. Before the winter is up.

1 comment:

Marthamac said...

Had a similar experience yesterday...felt uncomfortable all day...so frustrating!