Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Curbing Carbs

I'm trying very hard to curb my refined, processed, white flour carbs this week. You know, in the spirit of shaking things up a little. Giving my body something new to react to.

And, to be honest, I've gotten sort of lazy--popping starchy comfort foods like they're going out of style. So it's time to snap back to reality.

I'm still eating my whole wheat bagel thin and peanut butter in the morning, of course. (Because life without a bagel and peanut butter simply isn't worth living!) But I've cut out carbs at lunch and am limiting them in the evening, just to see if I feel better ... less bloated, less full, less tired.

Unfortunately, my timing couldn't be worse. I'm battling a cold and that always makes me want to eat. Feed a cold, feed a fever! So I've substituted clementines for sourdough pretzels. It's still carb in the form of sugar, I guess. But only 35 calories per clementine vs. the 80-90 per pretzel and it's REAL food.

Mo' vitamin C, mo' better, right?

No comments: