Saturday, January 28, 2012

No More Limits #4

I climbed a rock wall!

Well, I successfully climbed a few of them and only attempted to climb a couple of others. I'm not exactly SpiderMan yet.

Jim, the nieces and I hit Boulders in Madison today for the $5-for-the-whole-day-harness-included Groupon special. For $20, the four of us got a few hours of exercise, fun and even a little fear.

I learned that I am afraid of heights, that my fingers are sort of weak, that even the guy on the ground holding the rope (belayer, maybe?) gets an upper body workout when trying to hoist 40-pound kids up the wall and that I trust Jim with my life. Well, Jim and the rope and the harness and the carabiners.

Old me wouldn't have dared to step in the harness, let alone have been able to actually hoist myself up. New me will go back again, without kids, so I can get more climbing in!

No comments: