Sunday, January 1, 2012

Eating is Exhausting

I cannot wait for the holiday eating to be over.

Honestly. It's exhausting.

The fridge is packed with veg and "clean" food. I have decreed that we're not buying any crap from here on out. Most of the dangerous leftovers are gone. (Jim bravely stepped in just now to finish the New Year's Eve turtle cheesecake we brought home because the three of us couldn't finish it at the restaurant. What a guy; took one for the team.)

And we just have the Badger game to get through ... then it's back to normal.

I'm a little shocked at how hard it is to eat this way. And how easy it is at the same time.

It's easy to fall into old habits and snitch and snack and add mindless calories all day long. There's no doubt about that.

But what's most surprising to me is how sluggish and bloated and just plain bad I feel when I eat this way now. I have no energy. My guts feel oogly. Eating just feels like work. Too many options. Too many decisions. Too many math problems as I try to figure out calories.

Bring on the New Year. I'm ready.

3 comments:

GaryAllanFan said...

And then on top of it we get to travel this week......lets find healthy places to eat!!! We pick....not the boys.

Miss Daisy said...

Sounds like a plan to me. I promise to have your back if you promise to have mine.

GaryAllanFan said...

Sounds like a plan!!