Saturday, January 14, 2012

Locked and Loaded

First, a confession.

This week sucked. After a terrific week in Phoenix, where I burned a lot of calories and replaced them with great stuff, I got home and funked out.

Work was stressful. I only worked out for real one day, and kind of half-assed it another. I ran out of fresh fruit and veg Wednesday and since there was no time for grocery shopping, I just had to make due for the remainder of the week.

Worst of all, the scale said I'd gained 7 lbs. and I let it bog me down.

So today was the day to de-bog ... both my muscles and my head.

It started with a real workout. Then Jim and I tackled the to-do list, setting 'em up and knocking 'em down. Don't you love it when you make those literal or figurative checkmarks? It ended with a trip to the grocery store--finally--and now my fridge is back in fighting shape, stocked with all the good stuff I've been craving. Just looking at it makes me happy!

And to top it all off, we grilled out. The upcoming week had better watch out. I'm back in sync with myself, locked and loaded, and it feels good.

Moral of the story? Don't let the funky, foggy bog get the best of you. Tomorrow is a new day and you CAN kick its ass.

Southwestern Turkey Burgers
1 20 oz. package ground turkey
1/2 envelope of Fiesta Ranch dry dip mix
1/2 small red onion, chopped
1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
Whole wheat thin sandwich buns or Bagel Thins
Low-fat Pepperjack cheese slice or any cheese you like
Taco sauce ... your favorite variety
Avocado slices
Lettuce, tomato, onion if you wish

Mix dry dip, chopped onion and jalapeno into ground turkey. Make three huge or 4 normal-size patties. Grill. Top with the rest of the ingredients, any way you like!

1 comment:

HR GIRL said...

That recipe sounds really good. Will have to try that.