Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Map My Run

I'm back home. And was curious how many miles I put on this past week in Arizona.

So I hit this site: www.mapmyrun.com

It lets you trace your tracks and find out just how far you went. I used it to mark my loop through the ritzy neighborhood next to the Biltmore and the path along the canal near my friend's house.

There's a ton of other features, too. I haven't poked around a lot, but I think you can log your routes/runs/miles for a tally by year, if you're into that sort of thing. (I'm not and I'll explain why tomorrow.) It even lets you log your food and monitor your calorie intake, calculates the calories you burn when you log a workout, graphs your progress. There's a sister site called www.mapmyride.com for biking, too.

Again, if you're a person who likes to keep track of this stuff, and have the patience to do it, I can see how it would be a really helpful tool.

You all know that I don't have that much patience. I just wanted to know how far I went.

What I learned surprised me and thrilled me: Apparently, I can just pick up and run 6 or 7 miles whenever I feel like it.

Can't tell you how cool that feels.

2 comments:

GaryAllanFan said...

And as long as you are talking websites.....I really like this. I have an app on my phone. www.myfitnesspal.com It sets my calories per day, allows me to add food from database and allows me to enter calories burned through activity. I love it.

Miss Daisy said...

You are such a techy-diva! Cool site.