Friday, April 6, 2012

Jim's in Training

I ran my first training session today. I made Jim walk two miles.

Jim doesn't like to walk.

My intentions were two-fold.

1) He has committed to run a 5K on May 19. (Learn about the Habitat for Humanity Pound the Pavement Run in Janesville here: http://gazettextra.com/news/2012/apr/03/pound-pavement-habitat-humanity/) May 19 is quickly approaching and while he's in decent enough shape, I'm not sure he can just pop up and run a 5K with no preparation. He's 45 years old with three knee surgeries under his belt, for cry-eye. Though you and I both know he'd do it just to make me jealous.

2) Today was an "off" workout day for me, which means I just lifted a little this morning and did some floor work (and a full 2-minute plank!) in preparation for an attempt at 10 miles tomorrow morning. However, I took my creative team out for burgers at lunch and I really wanted fried fish for dinner. So I had to get some light cardio in to offset all that eating, even if I couldn't do a full-blown run.

So, do you think I'm a hard-ass trainer or a nice one?

No comments: