Wednesday, April 11, 2012

PB & Plop

Today was a travel day for me. Which meant up at 3:15 a.m. to make a 7 a.m. flight.

Some might wait until they're at the airport before they consider breakfast. But not me. Even though I'm not usually awake at 3 in the morning, my stomach starts growling when I'm getting ready ... no matter what time it actually is.

So, true to form, I toasted a bagel thin, gooped on the Reduced Fat Skippy Chunky, loaded up my travel mug with Cherry Coke Zero and headed out the door in the darkness.

After a few construction zones, one lane-blocking accident and a frantic check in because I was about 30 minutes behind schedule, I found myself in the ladies room as they were calling for my flight's priority boarding passengers.

That's when I looked in the mirror. And saw a big, ol' plop of peanut butter dried on my chin. Just out of tongue range.

Yup. I'd chatted with the lady when I got my boarding pass. I smiled at the TSA agent who took my bag. I exchanged pleasantries with the folks at security screening.

All with a schmear of peanut butter on my face.

Some would be embarrassed by this. Not me. I just scraped it directly into my mouth and enjoyed it.

It's a long time until lunch.

No comments: