Saturday, August 25, 2012

Don't Get Too Hungry

I goofed up today.

After an early morning run, I quickly showered and headed to my Goddaughter's tennis invitational. I ate my normal breakfast, packed an apple and bottle of water, assuming I'd be there a while.

Two matches and 4.5 hours later, it was nearly 2 p.m. and I was starving. I inhaled the apple on the way home. It wasn't enough.

And, unfortunately, I had to hit the grocery store on the way home.

Did I make sure I grabbed something healthy while I was in there to eat on the way home? A string cheese? Another apple? Some carrots? No.

I bought a big bag of pretzels and and even bigger bag of reduced fat kettle cooked potato chips.

Whoops. Ate too many on the way home.

Don't get so hungry you make bad choices. Pack your own food if you're unsure where/when your next meal might be. Stop at the dang Subway and fill your belly with something decent so you don't go off the deep-end at the first grocery store/fast food restaurant/gas station you stumble on.

I know better. I didn't do better.

Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: