Monday, August 20, 2012

What's Your Goal?

I need something to train for. A goal. I'm kicking around a couple of ideas, but thought it might be fun to see what YOU are planning ... and then maybe inviting myself along.

There's a beer run in Lake Mills in November that sounds good. And a bike ride covering Waukesha and Jefferson counties that starts in Dousman, I think. Or I believe there's a triathlon in Whitewater coming up, too.

Maybe your goal doesn't  have anything to do with an organized event ... but it's a personal one. Hint, putting it "in print" here might help you feel obligated to complete it. And that's good.

Chime in by hitting the "comments" button and share your goal.

5 comments:

HR Girl said...

My goal is to reduce my diet coke consumption/obsession from 32 ounces to 12 ounces daily and eventually to being a infrequent drink.

In addition, I need to start walking on my treadmill. Since I recently injured myself, I need to start out slow.

Will let you know how it goes......

My vote for you is the ride that starts in Dousman

Miss Daisy said...

It's nice to know I'm not the only one obsessed with a Coke product. But man, it's delicious.

Good luck on your goal. Considering the bike race.

No one else wants to commit in public?

Anonymous said...

My goal is to start running again. 3 days a week. Any distance. -amber

GaryAllanFan said...

My goal is to run 3 days a week with Amber......and keep riding my bike with my husband 5 days a week. And just make good eating choices. Not concentrate on the scale...but focus on the good habits and then results will follow. (That sounds like something Lisa has taught us!)

Miss Daisy said...

GAF and Amber ... rockin' it together! Love that! And how great that there's a husband involved in this program, too? When it becomes part of the routine, it's more likely to stick!