Sunday, August 12, 2012

Farmer's Market Haul

Saturday was Farmer's Market Day. Here's what we picked up:

1. $1 bunch of cauliflower
2. $1 bunch of lovely basil
3. 1 bag white cheddar cheese curds
4. 1 pint multicolor cherry tomatoes (the purple ones are my favorite!)
5. 1 pint lemon cucumbers
6. 5 sunflowers
7. 1 bunch green onions
8. 1 bag fresh donuts
9. 1 whole wheat French baguette
10. $1 bag of popcorn
11. Sweet corn

The popcorn, donuts and sunflowers were for my niece. Jim and I ate the cheese (all of it) yesterday. And most of the donuts, if I'm being truthful. We scarfed down the sweet corn for lunch today.

The rest is waiting for deliciousness making during the week. If you haven't been to the Beloit Farmer's Market, I recommend it.

And if you could teach me to like beets or what to do with an eggplant, I'd appreciate it. They are so very pretty ... it's hard to not bring them home.

2 comments:

HR GIRL said...

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/03/lighter-eggplant-parmesan-5-pts.html

You will like this and it is pretty healthy.

Anonymous said...

Eggplant lasagna! Grill it like zucchini. -amber