Friday, August 3, 2012

Triathlete Turned Trainer

My 10-year-old niece has a new project.

It's my 42-year-old sister. 

(Sorry ... I am probably not supposed to put my sister's age on the internet, am I?)

With her recent triathlon completed, my niece has a new interest in fitness. My sister is getting ready for a beach vacation. They're a match made in heaven. 

The first workout consisted of a few laps around the cul-de-sac and some stretching. Rumor has it that they held hands most of the way and chatted, too. 

Sounds like a great way to exercise, if you ask me. 

And my sister said that not only did make her want to hit it again the next night, it also made her want to drink more water and eat better the following day. Funny how doing something good for yourself, for your body, makes you want to continue to do it. It's a powerful incentive ... when you do something right, you want to keep it going, you know? 

And if there's a friend, husband, daughter-turned-coach involved, that's even more reason to stick with it. 

But just in case, I'm buying my niece a whistle. Never know when she might need it. 

1 comment:

Kuija said...

No friggin' whistle. She's dangerous enough already. LOL.