Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Online Menus and Nutrition Guides

I simply LOVE online menus and nutrition guides.

I had to order lunch for a meeting today. It had to be delivered, which narrowed down the choices in my town. Pizza? Nope. Don't want that. Milio's? That will work.

Lunch for me is almost always a vegetarian affair. Milio's has a veggie sub, featuring avocado, cheese, tomato, lettuce, sprouts and mayo. And it clocks in at a whopping 600 calories. http://www.milios.com/nutrition/

But the best part of Milio's nutrition guide is that it allows you to customize your sandwich ... uncheck the mayo box and you're down to 400 calories. Uncheck the cheese or guac box, and you're down even more.

I love this because it let's you make informed choices.

And I find myself checking websites before I dine out. It helps me feel in control ... I almost always have my choices narrowed down before I get to the restaurant and I find it easier to stick to the plan. When I know  that the tower of nachos, though it sounds delicious, clocks in at 1500 calories and 100 grams of fat ... it seems ever so less appealing.

And occasionally a little repulsive. Which is good.

P.S. I kept the guac and cheese. But who needs mayo?

1 comment:

GaryAllanFan said...

#14 at Milios = 360 calories on wheat