Sunday, July 28, 2013

Feels So Good

I can't even begin to describe how good yesterday's run was.

The weather was perfect. I felt so good. So freaking good. My breathing was controlled and rhythmic. All I could hear was my feet hitting the pavement and the wind in the trees.

My neighbor Sid was on his garden tractor, mowing the lawn. I waved, as I always do. He smiled as he waved back ... and then did a little pantomime of breathless runner, tongue hanging out, gasping for air, as he always does. I laughed and kept going.

I climbed hills and they didn't seem to be a very big deal. I kept my shoulders back and my arms loose. I noticed the Queen Anne's Lace in bloom.

It felt like old times. I didn't struggle. I didn't feel heavy and weighted down.

It was fun. It was all of the things I love about running.

I just flat out, absolutely, without a doubt love running.

It makes me feel free. And powerful. And strong. I am the best version of me when I am in that place.

Please, dear God, let me continue.

No comments: