Saturday, July 20, 2013

What Every Girl Dreams Of

Saturday in my house normally is most/all of these things, though not necessarily in this order:
Long Workout Day.
Grocery Store Day. (Which leads into Cutting Up Fruit and Veggies Day.)
Food/Fun/Treat Day.
Miscellaneous Errand Day.
Spend Time with Jim Day.

First I did the long workout. (I'll talk about that at a later time. Oy.) Then Jim and I ran to town for lunch, errands and grocery shopping.

The errand list was short. Buy a weight bench. You see, the one I've been using isn't really mine. It's our daughter's ... one we gave her years ago for Christmas. However, right now she's living in a one-bedroom apartment and there just isn't room for it. So I've been "storing" it.

When she texted this past week to let me know she found a new two-bedroom place and would be moving in on the 1st of August, she adorably asked, and I quote, "Umm. Are you using my weight bench in the basement? If you are, I can let you have it and I'll get a different one. If you don't want it, I'd like to use it."

Cracked me right up. It's HERS. But she was going to let me have it. Nice kid, huh?

I assured her that it was HERS to do with as she wished and promised her that I'd help her move it. I teased her that I was going to charge her a small storage fee, and then we agreed she could charge me a usage fee ... so we called it even at $0.

Off to Sears! We upgraded a bit. Instead of a bench with a bar, we got one of those resistance, all-in-one deals where you can do a few different exercises. It will allow Jim to actually get some use out of it, too, since there's a 330-lb. max. It was on sale AND I got an extra 5% off for using my Sears credit card (that I forgot I even had).

 00614922000
While at the mall, we walked by Fannie Mae. And stopped in. And got a free sample (appricot creme .. yum!). And then we each bought one of our favorites, licking our fingers all the way to the car.

Next up, Woodmans. As we walked in, cases of my favorite Grapefruit 0 calorie water was on sale.

Seriously. Could this day get any better?

On the way home, Jim jokes, "You are one lucky woman. A weight bench, grapefruit water and chocolate. I am so good to you."

OK, it's an odd trio, right? But I can't think of anything more perfect. He's right.

Best of all, he carried the damn thing to the basement.

I am one lucky girl.


No comments: