Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Walk/Run Essentials

Every good hobby has equipment. Here's mine for when I'm walking or running. (And I love how these appear to be glowing. Just so you know, I'm taking most of these photos with my phone ... so don't expect high quality images.)


From left to right, back row first:

Phone Case: It's made out of a neoprene-ish fabric and it goes on my upper arm. I almost always wear it on my left. But I do move it around, upper arm, lower arm, left and right, if it's sunny to avoid a wierd tan line.

Body Glide: This is like deoderant, without the anti-perspirant properties. I smear it underneath my upper arms to protect me from chaffing. Can be used on legs, nipples (men have issues with them rubbing against shirts), etc.

Water Bottle: This is a hand-held 8 or 10 ouncer. You can't see it very well, but there's a strap on the back that wraps around the back of my hand. I own two of these and if it's hot or I'm going for a long one, I will carry two. I like the strap vs. just carrying a ordinary water bottle because I can hold the strap in my mouth as I take off a long sleeve shirt while continuing to run. And I don't have to keep such a tight grip on the bottle to hold onto it ... which allows me to relax my shoulders and hold my form better.

Front row:
Pepper Spray: It's in a little velcro holder, too, so I can wrap it around my hand, or around the tank part of my top. If I'm wearing shorts that have a pocket in back, I'll stuff it in there and take it out only when I get near the house with the over-zealous Golden.

And, of course ... shoes, Bondi band and occasionally, my iPad Shuffle.

No comments: