Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hot and Humid Favorite Things

1. Planters Nut*tition Energy Mix Berry Nut Peanut Butter
I quite literally have four different nut butters in my fridge right now. I buy them, try them and generally don't like them. But because I've shelled out good money for it, I can't throw it away. So they sit in the fridge until they turn gross and then I feel OK about tossing them. Dumb, huh? I agree. However, I don't need to worry about that problem with this stuff. It's so freaking good that I have to worry about using too MUCH every morning. It's got dried cranberries and chunks of peanuts, making it creamy and chewy and crunchy and so very yummy.

2. Watermelon
Jim and I easily eat a watermelon a week. Actually, probably more than that. I'm not sure who decided that a "serving" of watermelon is a cup, but they don't live here. A serving in this house is a mixing bowl. And then I pee all night long.

3. Luna Bars
I use these as meal replacements when I'm traveling or in a hurry. They're under 200 calories and they keep me full until the next meal. I really like the chocolate/coconut one and the blueberry one.

4. Maxi skirts
OK, I only have one. But I ADORE it! They look cool on everyone, they allow you to be a bit less ladylike when sitting or moving (knees are not required to be plastered together all the time) and just feel good on your legs.

5. Redken 10 Mousse and Kenra 25 Hairspray
Take that, humidity! If you know me at all, you know I use a LOT of hairspray. Not because I like helmet hair, but because I have totally crappy hair ... thin, straight and limp. It just takes a lot of product to make me look halfway normal. This dynamic duo is my saving grace in hot weather.

No comments: