Friday, July 12, 2013

Great News

It's been a looooooonnnnggg week. This is kind of how it went ... metaphorically:

1. The exercise that's best for my knee ... the one that my physical therapist says I simply can't do enough of ... the one that will help me delay a knee replacement ... the one that is good cardio and good core ... is biking. It's also the one exercise that will make my thighs bigger than they are now. Sigh.

2. The one true addiction I have ... the one vice ... the one thing that I just can't imagine giving up ... the one thing I look forward to every day ... is Cherry Coke Zero. And new research (http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/10/diet-soda-may-do-more-harm-than-good/?hpt=he_c2) shows that not only does diet soda NOT help you lose weight, it might just mess up your body enough to cause you to gain weight. In addition to rotting your teeth and giving you acid reflux and maybe cancer, of course. Yippeee.

3.  The one thing I do to avoid eating is to chew gum ... a lot of gum ... I mean a LOT of gum ... Mentos is my favorite. And for the past two weeks, I have somehow managed to bite the inside of my cheek, and then my lip, so badly that I can't chew gum. You know how it gets all swollen and then it's in the way and then you end up biting it again. And again. And again. I cried tonight as we were getting dinner ready and I was snacking on home-grown cucumbers. Seriously?

But hey. At least I can bike. And one soda a day isn't likely to kill me, even if I have to back off a bit. I'll probably even survive no gum. If these are the biggest issues I have in my life, I'm still doing pretty well, right?

Bring on the weekend. Hope you find some sunshine, too.

No comments: