Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Grossest Yummy Sandwich Ever!

I have created what I think is a truly disgusting combination of ingredients.

And it's sooooo good! I love it. I have eaten it for two nights already this week and am plotting its third appearance on my dinner plate right now.

I hesitate to tell you this because I'm afraid you'll think I'm nuts.

Try it if you dare. Feel free to doctor it how you want, because I think the moral of the story is, "Weird is good."

Odd Hummus Wrap
1 whole wheat tortilla
Homemade red pepper hummus, heavy on the lemon and garlic (Recipe here: http://www.carsickcaravan.blogspot.com/2010/11/falling-back-into-new-habits.html
Carrots, cut into little matchsticks/strips
Red onion slices
Cauliflower, cut into little bits
Bread and butter pickles, sliced into slices
Spinach leaves
Mint leaves

Spread tortilla with hummus. Pile on the rest of the stuff. Wrap it up. Enjoy!

P.S. I think black olives and/or slices of roasted red pepper would also be good on this. I just didn't have any. Jim won't touch it with a 10-foot pole. Ha!

No comments: