Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Weight, Weight, Here's an Update!









I wanted to share what's going on in my strength program.

I told you about my summer plan here: http://carsickcaravan.blogspot.com/2013/06/drops.html where I was doing "drops."

I'm still doing them. Every third day. But I have some exciting news to report. I have added reps and weight!

So here's what I started with, and where I am now:

Exercise                             Start                    Now
Crouch Lateral Raise           5 lb. each hand     10 lbs. each hand
Crouch Tricep Kickbacks    5 lb. each hand     10 lbs. each hand
Overhead Tricep Extension  10 lbs.                 15 lbs.
Standing Rows                   5 lbs. each hand    None
Plank Row                         None                    5 lbs. each hand

I started with drops of 40/30/20/10 reps. Now I'm doing 45/35/25/15.

Other exercises:
Bench Press: I started with 3 sets of 8 reps each at 65 lbs. I have added a whopping 5 pounds. And no reps.

Seated Bicep Curls: I started with 3 sets of 15 reps each. I have not changed a thing.

I feel stronger. I can see muscles.

They match my growing thighs.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Glad to hear you're making progress!

I've started a new arm workout that I really like. Give it a try sometime- Hammer Curls, Shoulder Press, Butterflies, bicep curl, Tricep Pulse (30 seconds) Chest Fly, tricep press. 8 reps of each, 4 sets.
Videos can be found on this blog: http://www.mamalaughlin.com/2013/03/product-love-my-arm-workout.html
There's also a walking push up in there but I cut that one because of bad wrists.

Miss Daisy said...

Rock on, Queen of Cheese! I hate push-ups. But I know that they are such a GREAT all-over/core builder. Those and the damn crunches. Isn't it funny how we want to get all fancy and use complicated equipment and it's those P.E. basics that work?

Miss Daisy said...

And how funny that our workouts are similar! We should mark our calendars for three months from now and wear tank tops to work! Ha!