Sunday, January 30, 2011

27 x 34

I think 27 x 34 was the size of the first pair of Levi's I can remember buying. Gray corduroys from Martin's in Whitewater, circa 9th grade.

I know, I know ... there's no way I wear a 34 length. But I swear that's what they were.

I love the idea of buying jeans, or anything, this way. You measure your waist, you measure your inseam and you go pick the pair of pants from the shelf that matches those numbers. Easy, peasy.

Of course, it's how men still buy things ... jeans/pants, dress shirts, suit coats. How'd they get so lucky?

I have been shopping for our vaca. Here's what I bought:
Size 8 shorts and capris.
Size 10 "fancy" dress
Size Large casual dress
Size Medium and XL shirts
Swimming suit tops in a size 12, size 14 and size Large
Swimming suit bottoms in size Medium and size 10
One-piece slimming swimming suit in a size 10

I've borrowed this from my sister:
1 size 13 skirt
2 size 10 shorts

Really? Is it a conspiracy to keep us guessing? Or do they think we LIKE spending all that time in a fitting room? Irritating as hell.

No matter what size you are, you really aren't, I guess. Pick the smallest one and cut the tags out of the rest.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Where will you be sunning yourself?

Miss Daisy said...

Riviera Maya, baby!!!!!