Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Navigating Business Travel Night One

I'm checked in and dinner is done. I've scoped out the fitness center (three treadmills, two elipticals and some weights). Got in late and, consequently ate late, but I think I made a decent choice when faced with an Irish pub-ish menu. Will make some adjustments when I try to make it at home. Here's what I think it was:

Grilled Veg Sandwich
Ciabatta roll(Which I didn't really eat ... and which I'd replace with a whole wheat tortilla or whole wheat pita pocket)
Roasted red peppers (I think you could use them straight from the jar ... just warm them up.)
Portabella mushroom cap
Zucchini
Asparagus
Mozzarella cheese

In essence, there was enough veg to cover the bun. One mushroom cap, two big slices of zucchini, two or three stalks of asparagus, and a "bread sized" piece of pepper. If I had to guess, the veg was sauteed or roasted in olive oil and balsamic. There was also a spicy mayo on the bread ... something green. Maybe mayo mixed with pesto? Or mixed with some roasted garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper ... and I'd use the low-fat mayo made with olive oil.

5:30 a.m. is going to come early. Wish me luck. If I have to get carted out of here on a luggage rack, I am going to be pissed.

No comments: