Thursday, January 13, 2011

Eating Without a Net

I'm home. Survived the second day of the hotel fitness center. (Quick update: Skinny Minnies #2, #3 and #4 returned, but Dapper Dans did not. I beat them all by waking up 15 minutes earlier.)

Thrilled to be home eating my own food. After two breakfasts, two lunches and two dinners out, I'm a little nervous to hop on the scale tomorrow morning.

While I tried to make mostly good choices, I wasn't 100% great. I know I ate more quantity and I know I ate less quality. But the truth will be revealed in just a few short hours.

It's funny how I didn't own a scale for 20-plus years and now going two days without weighing in makes me feel a little out of control.

It's like eating without a net.

The scale keeps you honest. Clothes sizes can fool you. Your husband might stretch the truth a little. Your own brain can trick you into thinking a couple of extra pounds don't matter that much.

A safety net prevents you from falling. And as much as I hate to admit it, I need mine.

P.S. Way to go, Little Miss Calamity! Nine pounds in two weeks. Nicely done!!!

No comments: