Thursday, January 6, 2011

GGOOOOOOOOOOOAAALLLLLLLLLL!

I hope at some point in your life you have watched a soccer match on Univision or Telemundo in Spanish so you know what this word is supposed to sound like.

I hit a goal this morning. I started this whole escapade with two goals in mind. One was to get in a size 12 pants and one was to hit a certain Number on the scale. The size 12s arrived faster and easier than I anticipated and, while not anti-climactic, they were not nearly as much fun as the 10s or the single 8 I've managed to find since.

The Number, however, was harder to come by.

Honestly, I didn't know what this Number would look like. It was a Number I remembered from 10+ years ago when I lost a bunch o' weight. It was a Number I stayed at for approximately 17 minutes. (I hit it when I was in Mexico visiting Karla and wore a kick ass black dress to Senior Frogs in Acapulco. One time. Held onto the dress for years, but never fit into it again. Gave it to Goodwill when we moved two years ago.) It was a Number I thought went with a size 12.

This morning when I stepped on the scale, there it was. My Number. It still had a decimal point behind it, but I'm counting it just the same. It's four pounds under the Number I've been hovering around since Thanksgiving.

Since it might not be there tomorrow ... though I ate pretty well today ... I'm celebrating now.

And I've readjusted by goal to be 15-20 lbs. under this one, knowing if I get there, I'll likely put 10 back on as I figure out how to maintain. That is where I should be. That will be right for my frame.

However, now I wish I would have picked a lower weight when I renewed my driver's license in early October. The Number there is now too high, even though I stretched the truth a little at the time. And now that your DL is good for 10 years, I have to live with it for a long time. How funny is that considering it's been a lie since I was approximately 19?

P.S. Congrats, too, to my HR friend who is down 16 since October. Over the holidays? You rock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are my hero and inspiration and I love the shout out in your blog. I feel so very honored.

Miss Daisy said...

I forgot how much I missed you, old friend!