Saturday, May 7, 2011

Making It Easier

We've tested out two new restaurants here the Phoenix area (or "the Valley" as the locals say) and I'm wishing they could put franchises in Wisconsin. Or, that Wisconsin entrprenuers could create something similar.

Here's why I like them: They make it easy to eat better.

Pita Jungle and Jason's Deli had some nice benefits for people trying to make good choices.

Pita Jungle had many vegetarian options, let the customer make choices without hassles (I want this with out tomatoes or sauce or whatever). Now, the portions were enormous, but that's a variable I can control.

Jason's Deli had standard deli fare, a 30-foot-long salad bar and a "light" portion of the menu that included a decent number of sandwich options and calorie and fat counts for them.

Why can't all places do these simple things?  

1 comment:

HR Girl said...

I have heard that Pita Jungle is delish. Glad you have such a nice time!