Monday, May 9, 2011

Vacation Variances Numero Dos

Well, there was an additional difference between my long weekend vacation and the Mexican adventure.

The long weekend version brought me five new pounds!

Holy crap. I thought I was seeing things this morning. I stood on the scale, rubbed my eyes, jumped off the scale, jumped back on again and ...

Boom. Still five extra pounds.

I'm not entirely surprised. Disappointed as all hell and hoping tomorrow the scale will "adjust" down a couple. But not entirely surprised.

So, here's what I did wrong.

1. I didn't exercise nearly enough. Yes, we took a walk one day and yes, we went on a hike. Neither were long enough or fast enough. In other words, I didn't come close to sweating. Like I said before, they were a whole lot more fun than my normal treadmill version. What I'll do differently next time? Take a couple solo laps before or after the group activity. Swim some laps in the pool. Use the handweights I took along more than one day. Don't skip a day (like I did Sunday).

2. I ate a bit too freely. Too many chips. Suggested pizza and salad night and then ate only pizza. I ate too LATE! And munched the whole way home ... pretzels and chocolate on the plane, pumpkin seeds and an apple in the car. French fries twice. See. Sometimes you get what you deserve.

3. I didn't pack good snacks.

4. I didn't stick to my guns.

5. And I didn't work out this morning because I was too tired after getting in just past midnight ... bad way to start the week.

But it's back on the horse today. Giddy up.

No comments: