Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Friend in the Rain

Remember my friend who walks along the side of the road smoking a cigarette wearing a Packers jacket?

See post "Dedication" from December 2010 and post "My Friend is a Packer Fan" from February 2011

http://carsickcaravan.blogspot.com/2010/12/dedication.html
http://carsickcaravan.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-friend-is-packer-fan.html

Well, today he got me again.

As I'm driving along in the rainy, cold, miserable morning, I see a big, green lump on the side of the road. Lawnmower with a cover over it? Grill with a cover? Back end of a pick-up truck? It's kind of big and square, but I can't exactly tell what it is. As I get closer, it's still hard to tell in the gray morning darkness.

Then I notice it's moving in the wind. Then I notice it's coming toward me. 

Then I notice it's my friend. He's wearing a billowing green tarp with a hole cut in the middle for his head to stick out.

But he's still walking. Even in the rain. See previous post.

(And he's shaved his winter beard off.)

No comments: