Friday, December 9, 2011

Feel Free to Eavesdrop ...

(IM Transcript)
GAF: I forgot to tell you my big news. I ran 3 miles without stopping.
ME: HOLY SCHMOLEY!!!!!!!! YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so FREAKING awesome!!!!!! Best news I heard all day.
GAF: I was excited. I was SLOW! It was on Wed. Cold outside. But the trails block a lot of the wind.
ME: Who freaking cares about slow?
GAF: I don't.
ME: Amen! Good for you!
GAF: Thank you.
ME: You have been bitten by the bug, haven't you?
GAF: Yeh. Lately, I've been on a roll. Good roll.
ME: Isn't it intoxicating?
GAF: 93 days til my half. So I'm making it a priority. 
ME: Isn't it empowering?
GAF: Yes it is.
ME: Isn't it fantastic to feel so proud of yourself?
GAF: It is. I've been eating better and that has helped too. Scale hasn't moved much.....but I feel better too.
ME: YOU did it!!!!! YOU made it happen. That's so cool!
GAF: Right.
ME: The scale will follow. It's a simple byproduct of hard work.
GAF: I know it will. Next goal is 3.5 miles without stopping.
ME: I am sooo excited right now!
GAF: Thank you!!!!
ME: Yay!Yay!Yay! Can I blog it? LOL
GAF: Of course.
ME: You rock.
GAF: Thanks.
ME: Don't you just want to tell everyone? I love walking around with that little secret ... I ran today. I did something good for me today. I feel good today.
GAF: I did tell quite a few people....and my legs were pretty stiff so I was walking funny......so then I got to tell more people why I was walking funny.
ME: YEE HA!!!!!
GAF: Now get to work so you can leave!
ME: Oh, OK. You side-tracked me. Now my day is better.
GAF: And thanks for being a great inspiration!
ME: I told you ... I am using YOU as inspiration! (I only ran 2 miles today. And none yesterday. You kicked my ass.)
ME: We'll take turns inspiring each other.
GAF: Deal!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you both inspire me!!! I couldn't ask for a more driven running partner! It's a huge help! You two are amazing!- amber

GaryAllanFan said...

Thanks Amber! Together we do better!

Miss Daisy said...

There's power in supporting each other!