Friday, December 16, 2011

I Want to Try Rock Climbing

There used to be a rock climbing place in Whitewater. Jim and I took Kati one time, years ago. They both loved it.

I didn't try it ... because I was too afraid there was a weight limit and that I exceeded it. I also knew that even if I wasn't too big for the harness thing, I certainly wouldn't have had the strength or agility to actually climb.

Jim and I drove through Whitewater today and we did a "remember when ..."

And now I can't get it out of my head. I want to try it.

I think a trip to Madison or Rockford where there's a climbing gym might be on the agenda sometime soon.

There's something so satisfying in knowing I can just go try stuff like this now. I get the same kind of feeling when I walk into a store and I know that everything in the whole place will fit me.

I dig it.

2 comments:

marthamac said...

We have a climbing wall at my school if you'd like a 'pre-official' climbing experience! :)

Miss Daisy said...

The girls told me today that they have a rock wall at their school, too. (And that they're more than happy to go with me to try it!) Seriously ... a rock wall? All we ever had was that damn peg board, chin-up bar and rope!