Thursday, December 22, 2011

Let the Cooking Begin!

Time to get down to it.

Tonight I'm making Tinga for Christmas Eve and Coke Cupcakes for Christmas Day.

This year, Christmas Eve is all about the Feliz Navidad ... Mexican food for all. I'm so excited! My sister is making the Tortilla Soup and real Mexican Rice (which is very different than that stuff you get in the box mix or at ChiChis, btw).

The recipe for Tinga is here: http://carsickcaravan.blogspot.com/2010/12/viva-la-tinga.html

And then Christmas Day will be traditional American ... turkey and ham. And what goes better with traditional American fare than cupcakes? But I'm going to make mine in a slightly different way.

This is a "recipe" borrowed from Hungry Girl. I'm going to use a white cake and Diet Cranberry Sierra Mist soda.

Coke Cake
1 box cake mix
12 oz. diet soda

And, I found a "sugar free" frosting in a can. The calorie difference isn't huge (100 calories vs. 140 per 2 Tbsp. serving) and I'm guessing it's going to be weird, so I bought a regular can of frosting just in case.

No comments: