Sunday, September 2, 2012

Not What the Doctor Ordered?

Thursday: Cortisone shot and orders to "lay low" for two or three days.

Friday: 1.3 - 1.4 mile swim ... exercise that's good for hips. Still quite sore with no noticeable difference as a result of the shot.

Saturday: 20-mile bike ride ... exercise that's good for hips. Dead on bursa feel better, but surrounding areas at top of hip still just as sore as before. And then I spent 4 hours tending bar at a family gathering in 3.5" espadrilles. Whoops.

Sunday: 3-hour horseback ride. Knees screaming by the end. Hips tight and sore.

Not sure if I'm following orders or not. I'd like to get a long, hard walk in tomorrow. Just feel like I need to stretch it all out. Maybe swim, too, depending on how the day goes. Then starting Tuesday, it's back to a normal a.m. routine if it kills me.

No comments: