Saturday, September 8, 2012

Scene of the Crime

For the first time since early June, I hit my old 4-mile route this morning with the intent of running the whole thing. I thought it would be a good barometer for my hip progress. I was determined to test my stamina and the cortisone.

Both failed.

I managed to run all but about .2-.3 miles combined, in two separate spots ... one a steep incline that just hurt too much. It was not a pretty, nor strong, showing.

Truthfully, everything just hurt too much. The cortisone has been a big disappointment. There is a small spot that feels better if when I poke directly on it. But everything around it hurts as much or more.

I know I should stop running again for a while.

I really don't want to.

2 comments:

GaryAllanFan said...

That is the pits! I can relate. After the tradeshow, running twice and all the walking in the hotel and Airports....my foot is killing me. Back to my bike again! And probably just walking in Myrtle Beach...no running. Darn injuries!

Miss Daisy said...

Walking is good. Walking is good. Walking is good. Walking is good. Walking is good. If we repeat it often enough, we might believe it? (I ran this morning. Like the pretzels and Cherry Coke Zero I can't give up ... addiction is a cruel thing.)