Sunday, September 9, 2012

Two by Twenty

The hubs and I are starting a new journey tomorrow.

Both of us are attempting to drop 20 el-bees.

We've both fallen off the wagon a bit. As of this morning, I'm up 5 from my "new normal" ... which was 10 above where I wanted to be. He keeps his numbers a bit closer to the vest, but he's put a few back on, too. And with trade show/travel season, the holidays, and two beach vacations staring me in the face, it's time to buckle down.

It's funny. I found some old photos this morning and I came across one that showcased my sister and me on a trip to Mexico 15+ years or so ago. It was the only time in my adult life where I had successfully tried and lost some weight. I thought I was smokin' skinny as I slid into a size 12 dress that I wore exactly once.

Looking at the photos now I can see I wasn't a healthy thin. In fact, I wasn't thin at all. I just thought I was. And I felt "better" by comparison to what I was before the weight came off.

A year ago, I felt that way again. I felt healthy and thin. I liked sliding into my clothes. It was new and unfamiliar and so-so-so-so-so-so-so much "better" by comparison.

But I don't feel that way anymore.

I don't feel too big. Don't get me wrong. I know I'm healthier. I know I don't have a lot to lose.

But I do have some. I'm not as lean and as tight as I want to be. The extra that I'm carrying is noticeable to me now because I've settled in to this new size.

It needs to go. In a healthy, responsible, slow, careful way.

And Jim? He'll just wiggle his nose and eat an extra salad a week and beat me to the goal by two months.

Freaking men.

Hotties from the 90's in Acapulco! 

2 comments:

Karla said...

Oh boy! What were we? 14?? lol

Miss Daisy said...

We were hot blond chicas that had an entourage of waiters from Senor Frogs or Baby-O (Baby Rock?)and a very photogenic mariachi band under a bridge! Seems like a hundred years ago though, doesn't it?