Monday, September 10, 2012

Stinky But Delicious Garlic Feta Dip

I was looking for an alternative to regular, old dill dip (which I make with light or non-fat sour cream and/or non-fat plain Greek yogurt and an envelope of Hidden Valley dry Dill Dip mix) and I remembered something from a party that I thought I could recreate.

Per usual, I didn't measure anything. So adjust this to your own tastes. Add a little and if it needs more, jack it up.

WARNING: This will keep the vampires away and, perhaps, your husband/wife, too. As Rachel Ray says, as long as you both eat it, it's all good.

Garlic Feta Dip
Equal parts fat-free Greek yogurt and fat-free sour cream (let's say ... 1/2 cup of each?)
Finely chopped garlic (1T? of the jar kind ... maybe two cloves)
1t-1T garlic salt (start small ... add more if you need it)
1t-2t dried oregano (fresh would be better ... could also be basil or you could eliminate this altogether)
Finely crumbled fat-free feta (1/2 cup?)
Lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste

Serve with whole wheat crackers, toasted baguette slices, pita chips, cucumbers, red peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.



No comments: