Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cuppins!

My treat day today at work. I'm lucky in that most of the people I work with don't mind a little healthy. In fact, I think they prefer the not-so-terrible-for-you stuff.

So in an effort to make something yummy but not cellulite producing, I borrowed a recipe from the Hungry Girl blog with a few modifications.

I call them Cuppins ... a cross between a cupcake and a muffin. The texture is a bit more dense than a true cupcake. Since I'm a fan of dense and moist when it comes to baked goods, it works for me.

*** Please also note that Cuppin is a combination of the words Cupcake and Muffin. Like Bennifer or Brangelina. The alternative, Muffcake, is decidedly less appetizing.***

Spice Cuppins
1 box spice cake mix
1 can puree pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
Big handful of chopped pecans
Big handful of coconut
(Raisins would be good, too, but I didn't put any in)
1 container ready-made cream cheese frosting

Mix pumpkin with cake mix. Batter will be thick. Toss in pecans and coconut. Scoop into lined tins. I do NOT fill them all the way to the top. Remember, we're still trying to save calories here. Bake according to box instructions. Let cool completely. Frost.  (You could make your own cream cheese frosting with a mixture of low-fat/fat-free cream cheese, but, really ... why? There's no law that says you have to glop frosting on there ... just don't use as much. I frosted 20 cupcakes with a half of a tub.)

They also taste pretty good with Nutella frosting. I sampled one last night.


No comments: