Thursday, October 4, 2012

I Couldn't Outrun It

The first cold of the season has officially landed.

I woke up Tuesday with a little tickle in my throat. Decided get four miles in before work to punch it in the head. Then I swam a mile after work to drive my point home.

I woke up Wednesday with the same tickle and a little sniffle. "You will not win," I said. And I ran three miles on my treadmill in the early a.m. dark, making sure it knew I was serious. To make sure it understood me loudly and clearly, I swam a mile again after work, pushing myself to do more "faster pace" laps.

Take that, cold, I thought smugly. I have to travel again next week and have a busy weekend ahead. There is no time for you. You are not wanted. I believe I have proven that I am stronger, tougher and meaner than you.

I'm going to try going to bed early tonight in an attempt to lure it into a false sense of security ... before I run the crap out of it tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spend some time in the steam room. it will help-Amber